61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (2024)

You are here: Home / Recipes / 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes

15 · · 32 Comments

It’s finally September… This is my favorite time of the year. Even though it’s still in the low 100’s here in Vegas, I just can’t help but bust out the pumpkin and apple recipes and pretend the air is starting to crisp-up. Today I thought I would put together a list of some fabulous autumn recipes for you guys to give a whirl. Here are 61 autumn pumpkin and apple recipes …

Breakfast

1. whole wheat pumpkin waffles /// 2. cranberry pumpkin drop cookies /// 3. pumpkin cream cheese scones with brown sugar honey glaze /// 4. baked pumpkin spice donut holes /// 5. cinnamon crepes with spiced pumpkin mousse and graham crumble /// 6. pumpkin salted caramel blondies /// 7. pumpkin spice donut holes /// 8. petite pumpkin spice donuts /// 9. pumpkin spice pancakes /// 10.pumpkin spice syrup /// 11. pumpkin butter /// 12. pumpkin cinnamon streusel pancakes ///

Breads

13. pull-apart cinnamon sugar pumpkin bread /// 14. maple pecan streusel pumpkin bread /// 15. caramel glazed apple bread ///

Drinks

16. pumpkin spice white hot chocolate /// 17. pumpkin and apple cider fizz /// 18. pumpkin pie milkshake ///

Savory

19. curried pumpkin stew /// 20. creamy pumpkin risotto with bacon and parmesan /// 21. pumpkin seed pesto /// 22. roasted pumpkin and garlic lasagna ///

Cake

23. apple stack cake /// 24. caramel apple cake /// 25. cinnamon apple cake with salted caramel /// 26. apple upside-down biscuits /// 27. autumn delight cake /// 28. apple fritters with ice cream /// 29. cinnamon roll pumpkin vanilla sheet cake /// 30. spiced apple cream cheese coffee cake /// 31. apple upside-down cake /// 32. pumpkin pie cupcake with whipped cream /// 33. salted caramel apple cupcakes ///

Bars & Candy

34. pumpkin chocolate chip bars /// 35. pumpkin cheesecake with ginger & white chocolate /// 36. pumpkin streusel bars /// 37. apple pie caramel apples /// 38. pumpkin cheesecake bites ///

Cookies

39. whoopie pies withy pumpkin buttercream frosting /// 40. apple almond snail pastries /// 41. pumpkin whoopie pies /// 42. cinnamon apple macarons with apple butter buttercream and tart green apples /// 43. chai pumpkin spiced thumbprints /// 44. pumpkin gingersnap cookies /// 45. caramel stuffed apple cider cookies /// 46. pumpkin ice cream sandwiches ///

Pies & Tarts

47. pumpkin ricotta crostata /// 48. cheater baked apple cuplettes /// 49. baked apple pancake with apple cider syrup /// 50. pecan and chocolate tart /// 51. norman apple tart /// 52. quick & easy apple tart /// 53. pumpkin pie spice /// 54. pumpkin pecan dessert in a jar /// 55. tikvenik, bulgarian pumpkin pastry /// 56. pumpkin chiffon pie ///

Pudding & Trifles

57. simple pumpkin cheesecake trifles /// 58. pumpkin pots de crème with spiced whipped cream /// 59. pumpkin pecan cheesecake pots /// 60. pumpkin leche flan /// 61. pumpkin pudding ///

I hope this provides some inspiration for you this season. What are some of your favorite autumn apple or pumpkin recipes? If you’re like me, it’s hard to choose!!

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (12)Cassie D says

OMG! I need to make every one of these!

2. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (14)Glory/ Glorious Treats says

OOH, what a gorgeous round up! Wow, I’m in the mood for pumpkin treats for sure now! (Thanks for including one of mine) =)

3. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (16)Camille @ Makoodle says

Ohhhhhh Heather!!! These look delightful! What a great round-up. Bring on fall!

4. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (17)Christian says

It’s still in the low 100s in North Texas, too! I had my first pumpkin muffin of the year yesterday. I LOVE pumpkin recipes. I can’t wait to try some of these out. Thanks for posting!!

5. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (18)Jamielyn@iheartnaptime says

Great round up! I love both combos! Mmm… can’t wait to start baking!

6. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (19)Liz @ Love Grows Wild says

Ohhh my goodness! That’s it, I’m stocking up on pumpkin tomorrow. These all look DELISH! Thanks Heather!

Love Always,
    Liz

7. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (20)Nisha @ Healthy Mom's Kitchen says

Fall is my favorite season for eating…lol 😉 Love all things apples and pumpkin! Thanks for a great post!!

8. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (21)Jasanna says

Whyyyy did you share this??? I’m drooling and I just ate dinner! 🙂 I love fall and all that it brings. Really, thanks for the share. 🙂

• 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (23)london cakes says

Awesome blog and great pics 🙂

9. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (24)Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says

Wish I could have 1 bite of every single recipe you featured!!! Love!!! Thank you so much for including my pumpkin cheesecake bars with ginger and white chocolate – it’s much appreciated. 🙂

10. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (25)Shelly @ Shelly's Creations says

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to put this all together. I pinned it and will definately be referencing this post throughout the fall. Have a great day – Shelly

11. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (26)Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet says

61 images of aaaahhhhhhhmazingness. I am with Brenda…I wish I could sample each thing. Now I’m jonesin for some pumpkin something or another. 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration Heather!

12. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (27)Tricia says

If Fall wasn’t my favorite season – it sure is now!! Can’t wait to get baking!

13. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (28)Katie says

This post so perfectly aligns with me! My husband and I are currently stationed here in Vegas as well, and I also love the autumn season more than any other…and have already busted out the fall decorations and recipes, willing the weather to cool down. 😉 Thanks for posting this, it is so perfect, made my day!

14. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (29)Diane {Created by Diane} says

Everything looks so wonderful, I just love pumpkin and apple recipes and can’t wait for all the fall baking to begin 🙂

15. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (30)Amanda says

Wow!! Wiping the drool off my keyboard right now..

16. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (32)offshore bank account says

pumpkin spice donuts – baked, not fried. during the fall with some coffee or apple cider!

17. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (33)nest of posies says

holy moly! this is amazing!

xoxo
    kellie

18. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (35)Cakeboss says

Your blog is awesome! I saw your pinterest profile too, you are great!

19. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (36)Mrs. Price says

I have now entered heaven!!!!! Thank you for all of these! I will be busy this fall! My 3 year old is as excited as I am!

20. 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (37)Vicky says

Great photos, but where are the recipes?

• 61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (38)Heather says

Thanks Vicky, you need to click on the links to the various different recipes to visit the site with the recipe.

kisses

heather

61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes (2024)

FAQs

Why are pumpkins so popular in October? ›

Because of the pumpkin's association with the harvest, it increasingly became a part of the national harvest celebration of Thanksgiving as a pie. "It's not because of the taste of the pumpkin but because of what it represents," said Ott.

How did pumpkins become associated with fall? ›

Pumpkins and corn because they are common and abundant fall crops from way back. Gourds and squash including pumpkins were among the first crops the natives taught settlers to cultivate. They've been huge symbolic items for the entire holiday season since - from jack o lanterns to pumpkin pie.

What do pumpkins represent in the Bible? ›

The pumpkin is a symbol of abundance, prosperity and good fortune, and it is associated with the harvest season. The pumpkin's ability to produce so much food from a single seed is a testament to its importance as a food source of abundance. In the Bible, the blood of Jesus washes away our sins.

What do pumpkins symbolize on Halloween? ›

In addition to its origins in folklore, pumpkins were also believed to ward off evil spirits. Carved pumpkins with lit candles inside were placed on doorsteps to protect homes from wandering spirits on All Hallows' Eve, creating a tradition that persists to this day.

Are pumpkins in season in October? ›

October is the first full month of fall, and with it all things pumpkin. At the markets you'll see winter squash in every variety starting about now. Many pumpkins are sold for decoration or carving, so if you are looking for the best pumpkins to cook and eat, look for sugar pumpkins and kabocha.

Do pumpkins grow in October? ›

No, unfortunately. It's too late to plant them in the fall for harvest in the same season, nor do the seeds overwinter well. They are sensitive to cold and could die, either as a seed or—if they do survive—as a sensitive seedling hit by a late spring frost. There is no such thing as a winter pumpkin variety.

Do pumpkins only grow in October? ›

Pumpkins are typically planted in May through June so that they fully mature by early October. Plant varieties that take longer to mature in May, and faster developing varieties by mid-June.

Is October a pumpkin month? ›

The pumpkin is associated with the month of October in general and Halloween specifically. The Halloween connection dates back to the 1800s. This is because of Halloween that the Irish and Scottish immigrants to the United States of America began carving pumpkins and referring to them as “Jack-O-Lanterns.”

Top Articles